1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VT Bass and 4 cable method pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CyberSnyder, Mar 30, 2009.

1. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    I was just thinking about how well the VT pedal sounds by itself. Would it be cool if you could switch between your amp's preamp and the VT pedal? The pedal would bypass the amp's preamp and essentially reroute the signal through the VT pedal and into amp's effect return.

Two problems I see are with the DI, it's probably pre EQ so you would want to keep the signal going to the main preamp and just kill the signal at the effect loop out when you're using the DI. The other thing is that you would essentially lose the amp's effects loop so a switchable effects loop after the preamp selection would be a plus.

So, I'm thinking about this from the perspective of the VT pedal, but it really would be channel switching for any preamp with an effects loop. Not sure what else would be needed, maybe gain for each channel? I think the channels would have to be buffered to prevent popping when you switch between the two. I guess it would be a plus if you could blend the two channels. Not only would it work for preamp switching, but for two effects, maybe blend two distortions or overdrives.

Does anything like this exist?