1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VT bass clean settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by oldcatfish, Jan 19, 2013.

1. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

Jan 8, 2011
    Hello everyone.

My wife bought me a VT bass v2 for Christmas and I'm finding that I use it a lot more (and differently) than I thought that I would.

Most places that I play (usually churches) have a decent sound system, so I tend to not bring my amp, and just run through my Zoom b21.u. I use the venue's combo or in-ears for monitoring.

I wanted to run the VT into the Zoom as a distortion channel...but found that I like the VT as my "amp" and run the B2 into it, then into the effects return of the combo (or a DI box).

I like to leave the VT's eq flat (according to the posted flat settings on this forum by the Tech21 guy) and drive low, and use the B2 mainly as a programmable eq.

I'm getting such a good result from this setup, that I only use my own "real amp" when I absolutely have to, and my rig isn't even that heavy.

I know that the VT as a pre-amp is not new to most of you, but I'm curious on how you set your VT's eq. Is it your primary eq, or do you run another eq pedal into it?

What other pedals do you run in to it for the tone, not so much for effects?

2. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead!

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I have the deluxe version of the VT, but I usually keep it on these settings for my main bass:

Drive:~9 o'clock
    Character:7 o clock (I like the thumpy SVT tone)
    EQ: I usually do a slight boost to the bass and push my mids just past the bass while the treble is flat. I change this often depending on the bass or room I'm playing in.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021