1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VT Bass Deluxe issue

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ChronicPyromaniac, Nov 2, 2013.

1. ChronicPyromaniac

ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    Hey all, I plugged in to my VT Bass Deluxe this afternoon, and it wasn't working. Let me attempt to describe the sound it was putting out. It was VERY quiet, and also distorted, I'd describe it as "farty." When I bypassed it, I got normal range and output through my amp. I have a Boss TU-3 in front of it, that worked, and a CEB-3 in the fx loop, which did not. Has anyone else had an issue like this, or knows of some troubleshooting I could do before I contact Tech 21? Thanks.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    What is your power supply situation?

3. ChronicPyromaniac

ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    I'm using an ibanez 9v that's daisy chained to power all three pedals. I don't think this is the issue, though. After having a chance to fiddle with it a little more last night, it looks like the problem is only occurring when I activate the fx loop on the VTDLX.

4. Could also be the cables in the fx loop.

You haven't accidentally programed the level way down with the loop on?

5. P Town

P Town

Dec 7, 2011
    Try this: Eliminate everything else in the signal chain. If you still have a problem reset the pedal to its factory setting, and , or power the pedal with a nine volt battery.

6. ChronicPyromaniac

ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    I figured it out. There was something about the way I had positioned one of my cables that was making it not function properly. It worked in every other position, just not how I had wanted to position it. The board looks less pretty now, but it works, and that's more important. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

7. I hope you plan on fixing that cable!

8. ChronicPyromaniac

ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    Well it works , except for the way I was using it, it must have been at a funny angle. I did replace with a longer one though, so all is well!

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, good call. Life's too short to use a bad cable.