1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VT Bass Footswitch

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kingbolterz, Jul 10, 2014.

1. kingbolterz

kingbolterz

Apr 4, 2007
    Hi guys! Hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

I recently added the VT Bass preamp to my rack and was wondering which footswitch would be suitable to use with it. There was none included in the box nor can I seem to find a specific model on the tech 21 website.

I tried a behringer footswitch I had from years ago but you need to keep your foot on the pedal to activate the preamp which is impracticle.

Would the likes of the Boss FS-5U/5L do the trick here?

Hope you guys can help!

Cheers!

Tom

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    The FS-5L should do the trick. I bought one years ago but I can't recall why. It uses AAA batteries to power the LED. If you can't find something suitable, I'll sell you mine as it's been languishing in my parts bin for years.

FWIW, I use my VTRM as the sole preamp...she's always on!

Riis

3. I was looking through the manual and its says "any alternating (on/off) footswitch will activate the unit". This is easy to DIY and will set you back just $15 to $20 if I recall from making one sometime last year.

4. kingbolterz

kingbolterz

Apr 4, 2007
    Thanks guys!

Yeah I would usually keep it on for a full set as I play in a full on metal band with plenty of drive but there are a few 'ballady' songs that would sound good clean to contrast verses and chorus. I only got the vt bass a month ago and am absolutely loving it! :D

Cheers again!

Tom

5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    The key term in FS-5L is the "L" for latching or locking. They're $30 just about everywhere but I'm sure you can build one a whole lot cheaper...or buy mine.

Riis