1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VT Bass: Individual vs. Daisy Chain Power on a PP2+ does it matter?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kenstee, May 21, 2011.

1. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    Has anyone noticed any impact on performance of the VT by connecting a VT Bass (original) on a daisy chain of multiple pedals - on a single output - of a power source like a Voodoo PP2+ vs. keeping it on a separate output of a PP2+ all by itself? I know all about not maxing out the mA of a single output so no need to go there. Thanks!

2. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    When I owned a VT Bass, I used it during different iterations of my board in all three different setups that you describe.
    By itself on a single output of a PP2+.
    Daisy chained (Y-cabled really) with a second pedal.
    On a daisy chained 1Spot.

Personally, I didn't notice any issues with the pedal between any of these setups.

3. I daisy chain my VT with a Boss TU-3 and a BBE Opto Stomp. I use a 1 Spot power adapter. No problems whatsoever.

4. +1 on the 'chained 1Spot...when I had mine it was fine.

5. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    Thanks for the input! Appears to be zero downside for connection within a daisy chain.

6. hyp.spec

hyp.spec Supporting Member

May 14, 2006
    Warren, MI
    Run Bass -> TU-2 -> CEB-3 -> ODB-3 -> VT Bass all daisy chained with a 1Spot. No problems here.