1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VT Bass into an SVT-III PRO

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by meatwad, Mar 27, 2009.

1. meatwad

meatwad

Apr 9, 2008
    Smallville, USA
    Has anybody tried this? Tried to search for it, but couldn't find anything specific to what I want...

I don't like dragging my SVT-CL around very much, and even though IMO the III sounds quite similar, it just doesn't break up and growl the same way at louder volumes. At the same time, I do like the way the III stays clean and punchy in the bottom end for certain funky numbers... I know the difference primarily lies in the tube vs. solid state power section, both of which I appreciate.

Would the VT be a good "best of both worlds" footswitchable remedy that will allow me to leave the CL at home? Never tried one, but they seem to be well liked around here.

Again, sorry if this has been covered a million times already, and thanks for any advice offered!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    It isn't quite the same feeling you get rocking out to an all-tube amp but you can definitely cop the tones.