1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VT BASS into API A2D for recording

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by FBASS!!!, Mar 23, 2009.

1. FBASS!!!

FBASS!!!

Sep 22, 2008
    Would this be too much pre going into pre ? I want a heavy rock sound. I have a VT BASS pedal and I have access to an API A2D. I own 2 F-Basses. So would I be better off going direct from VT BASS straight into Allen & Heath board to recorder. Or bass into line in on API to recorder, (or) VT BASS pedal into API into board/recorder. I do want some growl.:hyper:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You should try it and tell us how it turns out. What have you got to lose?

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    +1...
    That chain should sound awesome. I've been running my VT pedal through my G/T "The Brick" line-level input. Mines working great this way but your VT/API chain should be trully stunning.

4. FBASS!!!

FBASS!!!

Sep 22, 2008
    I start bass tracks on Sat. can't wait. I will also be experimenting miking my Ashdown EVO II and running the direct out of the Ashdown into the API also. Should be able to come up with a good fight between the VT/API. My pick finger is twitching.

5. The A2D is a stunning pre/converter.

I'm sure you'll get some phenomenal tones with that combo.

6. FBASS!!!

FBASS!!!

Sep 22, 2008
    Hey Spectorbass, I see you are in Burlington,Ont. I'm in Dundas about 10-15 minutes away ! Good to see some local bassheads.

7. Small world eh? If you ever came into the Burlington L&M you might know me, I worked there for 3 years.

8. FBASS!!!

FBASS!!!

Sep 22, 2008
    Long & McQuade is where we rented the API, plus another $10,000 worth of recording equipment. Great guys ! I've been there tons. Rented from James in recording.