1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VT Bass Pedal Owners Are You Adding An EQ Pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Stampy, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    Wondering how the EQ is on the VT Bass and is there a need to run a extra EQ with it? I run a LMB-3 currently.

2. The VT-Bass EQ works great for me. Seems very sensitive, very versatile, as the other knobs on the pedal.

I'd say, try it. I think you can dial in the tone you want only with the pedal, but that's just me. If you try it and come to find that you don't get the tone you want, then add a separate EQ.

3. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    I will be getting one very soon. It will be replacing my old Sansamp BDDI. I never used all the features like DI etc... and I heard this pedal is better a achieving the SVT style sound which I need for my music. I love EQ too so thats why I was wondering.

4. Fetzu

Fetzu

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    The VT Bass' 3-band EQ works just fine for me as well. I have never thought of adding more to it.

5. I've got a VT on the way and I'm planning to use an EQ pedal with it but only because I've already got one and I think it would give me the ability to have more tonal flexibilty. Not that the VT would need it, but another tone in addition to what the VT gives me.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    4-band, sorry. The character knob is an upper mid EQ.

7. Voss451

Voss451

Mar 2, 2009
    I was using an MXR 10 band with my LMII head and VT pedal but have since ditched it because I found I could get the same results by just tweaking the amp & pedal.

8. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Played last night in one of the most difficult rooms I've encountered from a sound-standpoint. Decided to try the VT both in front of my amp & going straight into the effects return to bypass my amp's voicing/EQ section. I was pretty darned impressed with just the VT pedal by its little 'ole self! LOL! I did not feel the need at all to pop back in the front of the amp for more EQ options & if you'd heard the sound properties of this particular room, that's a pretty big statement! Can't wait to try it in the effects return again in a more familiar & friendly sounding room. Last night was very impressive in that regard - has me leaning that direction full time to be honest - experimentation will tell though. If the VT can deliver in a room like last night, I think it would be all I ever need by itself most anywhere, YMMV.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No.

10. IMHO, that would be like putting sugar on your frosted flakes.

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    What's your point? Doesn't everybody?

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    BTW, I don't run an EQ with it either. Between it and my amps, I'm covered.

13. Your so out of the loop, I use Splenda.

14. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Nope... no additional EQ. My VT Bass has the same basic settings 99% of the time (clean, B-15-esque setting with a hair of grind on it when I dig in). I use it as a pre-amp and don't adjust anything during the gig. If anything needs changing I use the EQ on my heads or on the bass itself.