1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VT Bass settings question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Subersibo, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Just got my VT bass pedal yesterday, sounds great thru my GK MB115 (I set the controls on the GK flat and turn the horn off when I use the pedal). I'll be trying the VT bass thru a power amp-cab setup soon.
    This might be a stupid question regarding the suggested settings: When you dial in the SVT style, for example, does that setting represent an SVT with its tone controls flat? I've never played thru an actual SVT or a B-15 so I wouldn't know. Before this, my experience was with Line 6 stuff which I though was pretty good as well.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    the sounds represented by tech 21 in their favorite settings are a reflection of how the person at tech 21 who did it likes to set his amp.

in order to get the most out of it, understand that the knobs at noon is not near flat sound. so for that reason i'd forget about imitating svt's or b-15's and just get a sound you like.

3. phatbass30

phatbass30

Dec 24, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Groove is in the heart!!!
    +1!

4. Ah, ok. I was just curious about this. I do like the different tones produced by the suggested settings but find myself turning down the highs and mids in fliptop mode to get rid of a clanking noise and get a rounder tone. Thanks for the info!

5. +2 Use it for what YOU desire- it WILL sound like a B-15 or an SVT etc but dial it up as you like. Can use the eg'd seetings as a 'sample' or 'base' & go FROM there.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    ya, it can crank some treble sometimes. but if it didn't, it couldn't imitate the sound of an svt with the ultra-hi switch on, which is a big thing with fans of poison ;)

btw, forgot to tell you...a few people have measured it, and the flat tone settings for clean are:

bass: 12:15

mids and character: ever so slightly past 12:00

treble: 9:00 or 10:00 (a bit of disagreement about this between measurers, but while i used to think 10:00 was on the money, now i think 9:00 is probably a little closer to the mark.

7. Hehe, I was a huge fan of Poison in high school.
    Never play any of that though.