1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

VT bass v2 vs. Sansamp RBI vs. Fulltone bass driver.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Filip Burdon, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Filip Burdon

Filip Burdon

Jan 16, 2012
    Warsaw Poland
    Bass player in https://www.facebook.com/TamamShodProg/
    I have the VT bass v2 and I was thinking about buying Fulltone bass driver 'cause I heard it's a great distortion pedal.
    I was also thinking about GK 700rb-II head and somoene recomended me sansamp RBI to make it sound some warmer.

And here does mine questiones get in the picture.

Is the VT bass v2 and DI/preamp, ain't a bit the same thing as sansamp RBI?

If I would like to have a real juicy distortion is it any sens in buying the sansamp RBI or should I stick to fulltone?

Will VT bass V2 give GK700rb-II some warm SVTish sound, or should I get the Sansamp RBI to get it?

Sorry that I'm a bit messy ana unstructured but the technical aspect of music ain't my thing :p

Thanks for help!!! :)

2. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    Jump on youtube and listen to some demos. That will give you a better idea of what you are looking for.

VT Bass and the RBI are two different worlds. I feel the VT Bass is much closer to the Ampeg tube head tone at lower volumes. The Fulltone is quite nice, but not anywhere close to the SVT growl. The RBI is a nice product too, with great overdrive - not like an SVT to my ears, but a good product.

All are good, but listen to a bunch of demos or better yet, try them out at the store.

3. melodicly

melodicly

Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I owned an RBI for little while and was not very happy. Little to no usable od and it seemed to just suck the tone out my bass. I've tried the fulltone and liked it a lot as it reminded me a lil of an old tube screamer. If I remember right the FT was pretty close to true bypass so it didn't muddy up my clean but again I MAY have tried it live twice so not much real world experience with it. Maybe I got a bad unit or something but the RBI was pretty much worthless to ME. I love the AGS on my Tonehammer but its next to impossible to play it clean and then activate the od due to the increase in volume. If one were to use it simply as an od, well its just great tube tones with flexibility out the ____ . Just my .02. I have learned over the years that cabs can make or break the sound one may be looking for.

4. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    Our VT Bass and RBI are preamps. The Fulltone is an overdrive pedal. Different products.You can certainly use the Fulltone into the VT Bass or RBI. They both take pedals very well. You can use our SansAmp products for overdrive into a bass amp but they are really designed to emulate a vintage tube amp in its entirety. Preamp, power amp distortion and speaker emulation. The Fulltone is designed to be used with an amp, not in place of one.

The VT Bass and RBI can be paired with a power amp and cab and can be your bass rig. The GK700 is a nice amp. You might be best off deciding what exactly you are trying to accomplish.

5. +1

:bassist: