1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VT Bass vs Flipster

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xray, Oct 6, 2009.

1. xray

xray

Feb 15, 2009
    Kona, HI
    I was looking for a "build-yer-own" project and the Flipster came to mind with all the great reviews I've been reading. However, I already own a VT Bass (which I'm hot and cold on) and I was just wondering if the Flipster would be that different. Both are suppose to be capable of modeling the Ampeg B12 so with the Flipster would I really be gaining anything over what the VT can produce?

Cheers,

2. well the VT does more all round, but im more of a fan of the drive on the flipster, and as of pretty recently, my 'normal' bass tone is flipster into the VTbass, it seems to beef and warm up the VTbass, and the flipster is quite sensitive to playing strength too.

3. xray

xray

Feb 15, 2009
    Kona, HI
    OrionManMax: thanks for the link - I searched on "Flipster" but must have missed this one.

Think I'll order one up! Can never have toooo many pedals and it will give me something to do.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Flipster looks like a very worthy pedal. VT wins for me on sheer versatility, but you can never have too many pedals that sound like Ampeg tube amps :bassist:

5. billhilly66

billhilly66

Aug 25, 2007
    Plano, TX
    I finally got my Flipster this week. I'm going to gig it this weekend and see if/what it will replace on my board.