1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VT Deluxe dropped a channel. Huh?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ripley, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Ripley

Ripley

Oct 25, 2010
    Decorah, Iowa
    I have a gently-used VT Deluxe that suddenly dropped the B channel - no signal, no noise, nothing on any of the three selectors. The battery has maybe an hour's use, I don't stomp any of the selector buttons; it just lost the B channel.

Anyone have a similar experience or a remedy? It's under warranty but if there's something I can/should check first, I'd rather go that route.

Thanks!

Added: I run 1/4" into the A/B input, then 1/4" out into the main input on my amp, which worked fine until now. I don't run any effects loop voodoo.

2. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    I'd plug another instrument into the B channel and see if that has any effect.
    It could be that the unit thinks there's something connected to B already, so it's not routing the A input there.

3. Ripley

Ripley

Oct 25, 2010
    Decorah, Iowa
    I tried plugging the bass into the B channel - no luck. Might have to send it in for warranty work.