1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

VT Deluxe Mike Putman modifications?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by reddi, Nov 22, 2010.

1. reddi

reddi

Jan 7, 2010
    Mike Putman is offering some cool mods for the VT Deluxe including a blend knob, mid sweep, speaker simulator defeat. Any of you TB folks have any of these mods done to your pedals? They seem super sweet. Now if he wold only paint them so they wouldn't be so ugly!:)

2. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Subscribed

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i've got a tech 21 british pedal with the di + ground lift mod and the one called the jimmy mod where he added a knob that adds low end frequencies. that mod is fantastic, and the di mod is equally fantastic. when you bypass the pedal circuitry, the di sounds every bit as good as my countryman type 85, and it reads dead flat like the countryman, too. i have no need for any of other the other mods he does on the vt and vtd, but his work is top notch and lightning quick and the majority of folks are very happy with his mods. he's also a tech 21 dealer so you can buy modded pedals directly from him.

talkbass disclaimer so nobody whines: he named the british mod after me, but i did pay for it and i don't have a formal deal with him. just recommending a good guy who does amazing work.

4. reddi

reddi

Jan 7, 2010
    Thanks Jimmy, It's great to know he's a dealer...saves the hassle having to order one and then having to ship it to him . I'd still love to hear from people that have had these mods done to thier VTD.

5. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Dec 4, 2009
    Downunder Oz
    Bass player
    Do you think he might be able to increase the input sensitivity of an RBI or RPM rackmounts from 1.0vrms to 2.0vrms or higher even more ? This in turn would give these preamps a big hot signal & will be able to drive any amp i would think but correct me if this is impossible or wrong :meh:
    Or maybe add a switch so you can select a certain sensitivity ??:confused:
    It may be a stupid dumb question....:rolleyes:

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    should be able to drive any amp as is, growly. but you can ask him. he's always up for a new mod.

7. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Dec 4, 2009
    Downunder Oz
    Bass player
    Wow great Jimmy thanks dude.How do i find him matey ??

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    www.putnamguitars.com

might have to try the link a couple times before it works. for some reason i could never log in first time.

9. reddi

reddi

Jan 7, 2010
    Bump!:bassist: