1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale W Seifert bow, likely from the 70’s

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by northpaul, Jul 2, 2018.

1. northpaul

northpaul Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2006
    New Jersey, USA
    Price:
    Style:
    German
    I am a French bow player and bought this bow on a whim to try German. My French bow is a Lothar Seifert bow that I’ve had for almost 20 years, so when I saw this W Seifert bow for sale locally (from Jack Hill) I thought it would be cool to “keep it in the family”, so to speak. My curiosity was satiated, I got some rudimentary skills with the German bow for teaching but now it has mainly been sitting around for a while except occasionally bringing it out to teach.

When I bought it from Jack he said it is likely from the 70’s. It is roughly 141 grams according to my kitchen scale and although I don’t have German bow experience I find it very comfortable, balanced and it gets a good sound, comparable to my Lothar Seifert french bow.

It looks like Lemur has some info on these bows if you are interested and there is more info floating around Google as well on these bows. I bought it for more than I am selling it for and believe I am selling below market value (especially considering PayPal fees) - I listed it low as I am not interested in haggling, I am hoping for a fairly quick sale due to sudden car trouble and this is my bottom line. Shipping is not included in the price. I am in central NJ if you happen to want a local sale.

I would be happy to provide more pictures if you specify why you would like to see or any other kinds of info that you would like if I can provide it. I hope this bow can find a good home and get played with a lot because I feel bad with it just sitting around here watching its sibling get played all of the time.

Thanks for looking!

Paul DAAFE0D5-8BAA-4512-A399-47379AEF1652. 82F2B4AC-8093-4D6C-A325-C12EEAC1F881. E0103C83-4E17-4E52-B049-CB02C0EC61A9. 63C32237-DC99-42EB-A21F-77F18BB6409D. BFFAB438-902D-490B-9EF5-D9558F3E794B.

2. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

PM sent.