W%T W%T!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Aug 1, 2003.

1. It's legal?! WHAT?! SWEEEEEEEEEET :)

Now the pale geeks that made the programs,and the pale geeks that use the programs can come out from there parent's basement and be FREEE:D :cool:

(me per se)

EDIT: Read on...

The ruling does not affect the case against Kazaa that the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) have filed against them. The difference was ruled because "StreamCast now employs the "open" (i; e. , not proprietary) Gnutella technology, and distributes its own software - Morpheus - instead of a branded version of the Kazaa Media Desktop." (as quoted from the official scanned court documents linked below).

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Doesn't mean they're not gonna to keep going after individuals who've downloaded copyrighted material though.
  3. They can sue me. I'll get Ohpera on my side !!
  4. they arent going after individuals that download, just the ones that share a lot of it. i read the riaa official statement or whatever and it said something to this effect:
    so alls ya gotta do is turn sharing off if you use kazaa. or better yet, use a different program ;)
  5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i use Kazaa Lite, and i turn off sharing, so im ok right?
  6. same here.

from what i read you (And me) have no reason to worry. i mean besides, even if you did share i doubt they'd get you unless you have an outrageous amount of stuff. i would bet the people who have the suboenas (sp?) are sharing like 1000s of files all the time. i guess the riaa is thinking "well if we shut them down then the others won't have anything to download" oh well. i think kazaa will end up going the same route as napster (but what about my beloved kazaa lite!). but there will always be some other p2p program that shows up :)
  7. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Finally some common sense.

Now I'd like to see ISPs lift the ban on MP3 files too so people can share their own produced and legal music.
  8. Yeah...I have way under 50 files being actually shared,so I am dandy as a dandilion:)