Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Blue

12 vote(s)
  2. Pink

10 vote(s)
  3. Green

0 vote(s)
  1. ok, folks, what's your favorite Weezer album? Blue, Pinkerton, or Green? i'm gonna go with pinkerton myself, because it's so powerful (across the sea... wow) and quirky, without losing weezer's pop sensibility (el scorcho).
  2. wow, 100% pinkerton. not surprising, really, that's a great album to listen too start to finish.
  3. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    I will beat those who say Green. Ok, maybe not. But that album gets on my nerves!

Weezer is pretty in Pink!
  4. I'm also gonna have to go with Pinkerton, I think that album is great. While the songs are still catchy like Blue, it's such an emotional album.
  5. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    BLUE daba deeba,enda ben daba dee, BLUE daba dee daben da.
  6. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    i love them all, but if i had to choose one i would go with BLUE.
  7. Pinkerton is one of the best pop records of the 1990's.
  8. As much as I love blue, pinkerton is just plain better, IMHO it isn't as contrived sounding as thier other albums, it has a raw honest feel to it, the words on butterfly "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" really hit me.

but then the blue album is good for what it is, a really good fun pop-rock album

on the subject of green, I don't like it because it is a disappointment, weezer has done much better. if it were done by any other band I would like it alot more, and besides that, Matt Sharp is gone, i think he did alot for weezer, maybe balenced out rivers?
  9. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    I think Matt wrote no songs for the band, but he brought his own style to Weezer...he got in fights with Rivers, so clearly they both balanced each other out in the studio. I mean, look at Green and look at Return of the Rentals. No Rivers for the Rentals album, and it was completely 80's, moog flavored rock. And Green has no moog at all, and there are very few things rock about the album. Mikey ain't gonna but heads with Rivers.

That all said, Matt did leave on good terms. I hope he is still on Maverick and a new album will find its way to my cd player.
  10. the Green Album was one of the most disappointing albums I have ever bought.

If you haven't gotten it yet, don't let Hash Pipe deceive you.
  11. I voted for Blue, but I do love Pinkerton also. Blue has Only In Dreams though..one of my favorite songs.:D
  12. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Pinkerton is a great album. I think it's the best, but the blue one is a very close second.