Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Oct 23, 2002.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Ladies and gentlemen, proud members of the Low frequencies brotherhood, please welcome my new bass:

found used in a shop near where i live. this morning i have had a cuple of hours of freedom, reached the shop and tried for half an hour the bass.

and so i bought my 4th bass:

now i play

2000 Fender Precision American Series
    1980 Rickenbacker 4001
    2000 G&L L2000
    2000 Warwick Streamer Jazzman

couldn't be happier.

i'll be glad to answer youw questions about this bass.
  2. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    sounds like a great arsenal there, you got it covered!

I almost bought a Streamer Jazzman 5. Would have, if the Infinity hadn't come along.
    The SJ is an awesome bass. I know you'll enjoy it!
    Nice choice! I spent a lot of time w/ one in a music store and it convinced me that those basses can do just about anything.

Isn't the contoured body excellent? I love that shape.
  3. Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    Awesome man! Welcome to the club. :D
  4. Double neato. Seems like you have a very balanced set of basses to pick from....congrats.
  5. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    love the contured body!!

6. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Nice flames. And the back's nice too.
  7. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    the back is not really my bass, it's the exact twin i found on elderly. it's the same bass even in the finish, so i used that pic.
  8. I haven't had GAS for another Warwick in a long time, but that bass is sweet! It would look great next to my Stage One... ;)

Congratulations and enjoy!

And, yes, you seem to have an arsenal that covers it all. Maybe you just need to add a fretless... :D
  9. barroso

Aug 16, 2000

you hit the nail. i am working on a project for a fretless bass. i have this old jazz style eko bass that need a refret job. an i have a BC RICH :)eek: :eek: :eek:) neck that a crazy guy gave me free.

i am starting to defret this bc rich neck and to install it on the Eko. i checked that the heel pocket, tuners and everything is right. i'l have a fretless without spending a buck. not a great one, but a first to see if i can play fretless.
  10. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    What a coincidence. My Streamer Jazzman 5 in natural should be here this week...Cant wait! How do you like the tone so far? Can you get a nasty stingray growl out of it?

11. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i am referring to 4 stringed Stiungray and 4 stringed Jazzman.

i'd say that the Warwick is much more versatile. it has more sounds.

compraing to the Stingray similarity, i say that there are similarities in sounds, but both basses have different kinds of growl.

keep in mind that i have tried several Stingray and only one Jazzman, i have necer tried these basses on the same amp.

to my ears the Warwick is less present in highs. but it can peoduce a darker sound. tweaking the knobs and using tha boost called slap contour you have a gnarly sound more midrangey than a stingray. if you engage both pickups you'll have another similar but different sound, to be honest i prefer the growl of the Stremer jazzman to the Stingray one.
  12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    congrats on the new bass, dude. looks good :D
  13. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    very snazzy barroso..... I really like the gold hardware on that one!

14. Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Cool Barroso!!!
    Very nice piece of wood!
  15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    If that had a wenge neck, I would definetly wanna take it.

What does it have anyways?

16. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    thanks guys i really appreciate that you like my new bass!!

NIck Man:

that's how the neck looks like: (always taken from elderly.com this bass is the perfect twin of mine...)

neck is bolt on ovangkol with wenge fretboard

body is 2 pices swamp ash with walnut veneer and flame maple top
  17. NICE!

would you classify it more as rad, or totally sweet?
  18. Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    Good on ya mate! I have a jazzman myself and recently have fiddled with its pickups and tones alot, and i think i've found my first warm tone. The versatility is very broad an't it... Congrats!