Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Waco Gig this Friday (free I think!)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DigMe, Oct 28, 2002.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    How-d. My band is playing in Waco this Friday if any of you are in the area and want to stop by and say "Hey!" The band, which really has no name but we've been going by Daniel Palmer Band, is playing at the Compass Christian Bookstore Friday, Nov.1 at 7pm. I think there's a coffee shop there or something too. I've never been there so I don't know. I think it's free to get in. Sorry I don't know all these details. We play Christian alt-rock and we'll play a set of originals and then some worship in a second set. We've got this new guitarist who is amazing too (this is the guy who played live sessions with Elvis for a couple of years...not the famous Elvis guitarist...he was just a session man). I won't be playing anything too fancy but I'll just be up there grooving. It'd be cool if someone from the board stopped by. Say "Hi!" if you do.

brad cook

EDIT: Concert starts at 8pm, not 7pm! I found a link to the store's website if you need directions:
    http://www.thecompasssuperstore.com/directions.asp

Also...I just want to affirm that I'm pretty sure that it's free.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    biz-ump

brad cook

3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Now your in trouble. I used to work at Circuit City over there, about 2 blocks from the Compass, and I have nothing going on this Friday. Road trip...:D

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Cool! Bring it OOON! :)

brad cook

5. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    OK, I WILL!!! And I'm bringing back-up!;)

6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Bumping for Brad...