Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Waddya Think? Good Mix?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by southbaysteve, Jun 9, 2002.

1. I am lookin to get a Schecter Elite 5 cuz my Dogone Ibanez SRX 505 wouldn't cut it...I have a BA115 (Ampeg) amp for home use...I haven't played out yet, but wanna one day. My level is, well, not exactly performance grade so far, but I have a dream and hear riffs in my sleep/at work/in my car/etc...

Anyone with thoughts about this mix (Schecter + Ampeg) or even the bass it's self? I played it and couldn't believe the action and the crispness of tones; both were amazing (the bass-- the amp is great but already have it).

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Steve

2. Do you like it? That's the only thing that should matter.

3. Snag,

I almost fell over hearing the sounds coming out of the stores BA115 (at GC in SouthBay) and it's about $100 more than the dogfart SRX that I sent back. :D

Steve

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    If you like the way it sounds that much, and if it feels good to you, then go for it, as long as you can afford it.

I played one the the Elite 4 stringers (same as what you are looking at but with a 34" scale) in a store once, and from what I can remember, it was a pretty damn nice bass. So as long as the fiver has a good low B, get it.

5. Hey Ryan,

I like the 5er...I haven't played so much that it's an adjustment for me to go to the 5 string. I LOVED it (well, compared to that SRX, I liked the lower grade soundgear basses...I just got a bad copy). I liked the Fender Active Jazz 5 also, but it wasn't nearly as bright as the Schecter either.

Now I gotta get some time to play the ax (and maybe a lesson or 200 cuz' I don't want to be no poser!). :D

Thanks again!

Steve