1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wah Confusion/Overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MilkyMcMilkMilk, Jan 5, 2012.

1. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

Dec 17, 2008
    This topic is surely done to death, but i'm getting confused and need :help:

I'm looking for a Wah pedal. Found so many that I think would probably be good but having trouble narrowing it down to 1 or even 2.

Morley Bass Dual a couple different wah sounds, made for bass

Morley Distortion Wah Volume, i'm not sure if it's made for bass but videos i've seen the sound is good.
    What is your opinion of the distortion on this pedal?
    as far as any distortion pedal all I have is a Boss ODB-3.
    so I kind of like the thought of getting a distortion and wah in 1.

Morley TM Stevens Bass wah, it's a few bucks more and looks ugly as sin but seems to have a few different wah sounds.

the Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon, seems pretty good, and has a bass switch and it's under 100 which is appealing.

George Lynch Morley, looks freaking cool, not sure how well that would work with a bass, but it has 2 different wah sounds, 1 called WOW to be used with heavy distortion.

What are you opinions on these pedals and if i bought just a wah without the distortion would my odb-3 be a good pedal to give me that good distorted wah sound?

2. First off, if you like the odb-3 by itself then it's probably going to be ok with a wah you like.

I had the Morley Bass Dual Wah and found it did not work for me. I am not sure any wah really will though, my legs get tired working a wah and I love envelope filters. That said I found only the "funk" wah setting to be useful at all, and it wasn't that dramatic of a filter sweep.

From other threads if I were to try another bass wah I'd try the Weeping Demon; but that's just me.

3. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I would check out the Dunlop 105Q.....:cool:

4. Gig-FX SubWah destroys all. MOST BROOTALZ WAH IN DA WURLD:bassist:

5. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I had a Morley Distortion/Wah/Volume wayyyy back in the day. The distortion was terrible. I wasn't really a fan of the wah either, so i got rid of it and went for a Crybaby. I also hated how you had to step on a button to engage the wah, then move your foot over to the rocker pedal. A switch under the rocker or optical wah makes so much more sense.

Granted this was all for guitar, but I can't imagine the distortion working very well on bass either.

I'm using a BYOC wah for my bass wah these days, but I'm always looking for a Morley Power Wah for the right price.

6. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

Dec 17, 2008
    Hmm, this is a new one to me. $210 is a bit higher than I want to spend but after reading about it on musicians friend it looks to do quite a bit than most standard wahs.

7. The subwah can shake rooms. The reverse switch is handy. The envelope filter is good on it, The auto wah is cool and choppy at fast setting. I love it.

8. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

Dec 17, 2008
    Of what little info and videos i've found on the George Lynch Wah 2 i've pulled the trigger, i've got a feeling it's gonna be pretty sweet.

9. Shish

Shish

Sep 17, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    there are also EBS, Wilson and Chi-wah-wah that come to mind

10. mtshaw315

mtshaw315

Mar 29, 2010
    Cleveland
    I posted this same question about a year ago. I got great advice and wound getting the weeping demon. It's a great wah at the price. I'd try one, you'll dig it