Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wah etc

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FunkyTragic, Jun 27, 2005.

1. FunkyTragic

FunkyTragic

Jun 18, 2005
    England
    Yo people,
    I'm a massive fan of Cliff Burton [and all his instrtumentals], and i have done a hell of a lot to imitate his sound on my KorgAX10B, but quite frankly it doesn't cut it.Other than the original morley power boost wah that Cliff himself uses, is there anything else that has that kind of decent growl/wah-ish sound?, and also what sort of distortion pedal what you mix that with to get his nasty sound, but at the same time be able to mix it with other effects and still sound good?
    Cheerz

2. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    in my quest to get the perfect cliff tone for (pulling teeth), i've just used my dunlop Crybaby 105Q, an ehx double muff, and a little bit of chorus.

3. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Too many things are a factor in getting the tone to just suggest a certain series of pedals. My pedals with your bass and amp may not get the desired tone at all.

I use a Morley Pro Series II bass wah with a Boss Hyper Metal distortion and Boss Bass Chorus pedals. That comes after one of my Rics and goes into an Ampeg SVP-Pro preamp (with the drive at 75%) and Mesa Boogie cabinets. It's dead on with my equipment but if I changed anything in the chain I'd have to start over to get it just right.

I'm not trying to be a tool with my response......I'm just pointing out that what works for someone else may not work for you. Any good wah and distortion pedal along with some chorus effect should get you "in the ballpark"....finding the perfect mix will take some trial and error. :bassist: