1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wah pedal help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by umitcan7, Oct 29, 2013.

  1. umitcan7


    May 26, 2013
    Im thinking about buying a wah similir to morley power wah(the one cliff burton used.)(im mobile cant search the site thoroughly)

    I dont know anything about wahs to be honest.
    Im looking for that effect when you start to push pedal and it continiously distorts it but in wah style distortion it is. To create monster bass sound like in call of cthulhu,anhesthesia, seek and destroy.

    If that kind of wah has a model name or there are cheap pedals-prosessors that can make this effect ,i'd like you to inform me please. Thanks for your help ^_^
  2. umitcan7


    May 26, 2013
  3. Lownote38


    Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    A volume pedal (Ernie Ball) will do that if you put the distortion after the volume pedal. As you increase your volume, the distortion will increase as well.
  4. Dave W

    Dave W

    Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Unfortunately there are no modern equivalents of the old school Morley PW's. Morley doesn't currently make anything like it. I believe they have said that the Mark Tremonti Wah was the closest, although still not all that similar. Just get the real deal, they're easy enough to find.

    Cliff used an American Big Muff going into a Power Wah Boost (I think it was the Boost at least...).
  5. blastjv


    Jan 8, 2010
    Philly Area
    It was the PWB. I have one. It is awesome. They're not hard to find. The bypass signal sucks. I modded mine for True Bypass and it was a huge improvement.

  6. umitcan7


    May 26, 2013
    Thank you so much for help ^_^ gonna try them as soon as possible

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.