1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wah recommendations?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RUDEONTOUR, Mar 20, 2009.

1. RUDEONTOUR

RUDEONTOUR

Mar 29, 2007
    phoenix,AZ
    Looking for input on a good wah for the bass,

2. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    I like my old Morley

3. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I'm GAS-free for a wah thanks to my Wilson Effects Bass Q Wah (12-position, vintage spec).

4. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    Id love to try a wilson. Thats one of the ones ive never tried.

5. EBS Wahone

6. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    What about teh digitech expression factory?

7. danjerl

danjerl

Feb 10, 2009
    I have the Dunlop Cry Baby Bass. Love it and won't get rid of it.

8. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    There's also Chicago Iron Tycobrahe.

9. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Don't forget the Ibanez Weeping Demon and Fulltone Clyde Deluxe!

10. maggot_me

maggot_me

Mar 20, 2009
    maggot me
    it does its job, i do mine.....wah....la XDDDD :bassist: :bassist:

11. poppinsmac

poppinsmac

Aug 10, 2007
    Going to throw two new ones in at you!
    Dunlops Zakk Wylde wah sounds great on bass. Really growly and throaty. Very cool (IMHO)
    I also really like the Budda Bud Wah.

When I got my wah I knew I liked them but wasn't sure about all the different kinds and such, so I just went with a Crybaby. Fun to play around with at first, but after I learned more what I was looking for, it just didn't do it anymore.

12. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    +1 for the Budda Bud Wah. That being said, I'm more partial to envelope filters.

13. Andy Will

Andy Will

Apr 11, 2003
    London, England
    Musician Sound Design Earth Quake Bass Wah, pricey but fantastic!

14. never heard the budda get good reviews on here. i might have to try one of those out.

i've had

dunlop 105q
    morley dual bass
    vintage king vox wah

and none of them have sounded good IMO. i want a vocal quality, but not too bassy like the "bass wahs" where it's just a flood of sub frequencies.

15. I recently helped a friend of mine modify his 105q. We opened it up and it was mostly surface mount parts except two of the larger electrolytic capacitors. We swapped them out for some nice japanese rubycons of the same value and my friend manually set the mechanical throw range. It sounds amazing now. I'm thinking about getting one for myself now, though I've already got plenty of filters. It's not an expensive or difficult tweek.

16. Rocktron "black cat" with onboard distortion and moan effect is pretty good as well.

17. Geist

Geist

Aug 31, 2007
    I recommend going to your local shop and trying out all of their wahs. Buy the one you like best. If your like me and don't have that option, get the Ibanez Weeping Demon. It is very versatile, and sounds quite good IMO

18. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    +1
    When I get my tax refund I plan to get a Wilson Q Wah 6 position vintage spec at minimum, but may end up pulling the trigger for the 12 position for a little extra scratch.

19. takfar

takfar

Dec 21, 2008
    That's exactly what I did. It's in the mail, and should be arriving in 10 days or so :). Seems to be very adjustable, got a nice option for using the footswitch or activating automatically, and it does look pretty wicked, to boot.