Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wah Wah?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Elemetal, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Elemetal

Elemetal

Mar 10, 2006
    Hey guys im new on here ive tryed out a morley dual bass wah and it didnt pick up on my low notes from about low B -> low A So i was wondering if you guys could recommend me some good wah's and ill try em out. I hear the crybaby is good but i hear it doesnt pick up low either.

2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Thats cus wah's are selectable EQ pedals (bassically). If you don't have any overtones that are high enought freq, you won't notice any diff between the back and the front of the motion.

my advice is get a od/dist/EQ set lightly to produce/enhance some higher overtones that the wah can enhance.

3. Elemetal

Elemetal

Mar 10, 2006
    Well i have an overdrive pedal but what eq pedal should i get just the boss one? I am a boss fan by the way haha. Accept id never try their wah i hear it licks nuts.

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    The Boss V-Wah does lick some serious gonads! I own one and my Dime CFH kicks its f***in' a** :D !

Any EQ will do as long as it can boost on or about 1kHz

EDIT: the Boss BEQ-7 should work out just boost the 800/4.5k. Watch out though as this will add noise, especially with the wah fwd.

That's why I'd suggest a dist/od/fuzz (the dist will "hide" the noise). If you want a cleanish wah, find a dist with a clean bottom and smoooth mid/hi dist.