1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wah-Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JacoSheehan, Apr 13, 2009.

1. JacoSheehan

JacoSheehan

Apr 13, 2009
    i'm a newbie here so if this is in the wrong place sorry. i was looking to get a wah pedal. i was looking at the crybaby bass wah. just wondering if you guys have any suggestions.

thanks

2. takfar

takfar

Dec 21, 2008
    There's lots of threads and reviews on Wah pedals in the forums. I use an Ibanez WD-7 myself, and I absolutely love the thing. What you need depends on what type of sound you're trying to achieve, tho. Do a search.

3. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    There are a billion topics covering this, but that's never stopped us before. The Crybaby Bass Wah, specifically the 105Q, is generally acceptable around these parts, as are the EBS Wah One, whatever Wilson wah people like, and the Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah. I have the CryBaby, and I'm probably going to get rid of it. I used it in high school, so I have quite a bit of experience, but lately, I haven't been really enjoying the acquisition of effects as I used to. I have to really love the sound - the feel of the thing - before I'll dole out hundreds of ill-gotten dollars on a stompbox.

4. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    Vista, CA
    Wilson Bass Q Wah (12-position, vintage specs) has me GAS-free for a wah.

5. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    i echo the Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah (it is optical- which is a huge plus in my book no mechanical parts to break) and has both spring and normal footboard action, selectable wah range, and fine tuning controls. Some users have complained about it not playing nice with 18v active electronics...I use both active and passive basses with it and never had a single problem with it. I have to say say is the most versatile wah I have ever used and wouldn't go back to any other brand.

plus new it can be had for less than $100.00 bucks

6. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I have been GAS'ing for a Morley lately.

7. Snakeman1066

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    the old Morley Power Wah? the one that goes side to side?

8. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    The Morley Dual Bass Wah.

t3ch is selling it in the Classifieds, and Im dying for it.

9. Snakeman1066

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    meh i tried it and didn't like it....i found that most of the tone sweep was in the last 15% to 20% of the pedal travel

honestly i tried every brand wah my store had it stock and chose the Weeping Demon for a ton of reasons.....

10. takfar

takfar

Dec 21, 2008
    Agree on all accounts. Also, I use a 9v active bass (active EMGs, active preamp), and I haven't had a single problem with it.