Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WAH Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by herrera, Aug 27, 2002.

1. herrera

herrera

Feb 15, 2002
    i want a wah i ...i used to get one until it was burn!
    but i love the sound of the 105q (dunlop) (the one that burn)

so what wahs do you own or wich one you like

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I own the 105Q and I have to say that it's a good one (you may want to search the archives here, there have been a number of wah threads lately that may be helpful)

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I just picked up a 105Q yesterday, used it a little bit at a gig last night (messing around mostly). I have had more time to play around with it today, and I have to say that I am really impressed with it. I bought this one over a Morley Dual Bass Wah and a Tech 21 unit.

4. The Dunlop Crybaby, it's a classic. I'm a proud owner.

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    it's also a classic tonesucker!

what the guitar-playing gear heads at musictoyz.com (and i'm sure lots of other guitar-playing gear heads everywhere else) is the teese wah(s). unfortunately, they're expensive and largely limited to internet order only. i wouldn't know where to find one "face to face."

it seems like a lot of bass-talkers like the crybaby bass wah, but there are some (maybe only a few) who like non-bass wahs better for their bass-wahing needs.

...so go play what you can!

6. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    My Morley PWV Wah-Volume seems to let the whole sound through -- no low-end drop-off. I definitely DISLIKE the new Morley 2-mode bass wah (the blue one) -- bought one and took it back the next day. You can search for the thread I started on it for my full review.