1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WAH Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by herrera, Aug 27, 2002.

1. herrera

herrera

Feb 15, 2002
    i want a wah i ...i used to get one until it was burn!
    but i love the sound of the 105q (dunlop) (the one that burn)

so what wahs do you own or wich one you like

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I own the 105Q and I have to say that it's a good one (you may want to search the archives here, there have been a number of wah threads lately that may be helpful)

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I just picked up a 105Q yesterday, used it a little bit at a gig last night (messing around mostly). I have had more time to play around with it today, and I have to say that I am really impressed with it. I bought this one over a Morley Dual Bass Wah and a Tech 21 unit.

4. The Dunlop Crybaby, it's a classic. I'm a proud owner.

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    it's also a classic tonesucker!

what the guitar-playing gear heads at musictoyz.com (and i'm sure lots of other guitar-playing gear heads everywhere else) is the teese wah(s). unfortunately, they're expensive and largely limited to internet order only. i wouldn't know where to find one "face to face."

it seems like a lot of bass-talkers like the crybaby bass wah, but there are some (maybe only a few) who like non-bass wahs better for their bass-wahing needs.

...so go play what you can!

6. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    My Morley PWV Wah-Volume seems to let the whole sound through -- no low-end drop-off. I definitely DISLIKE the new Morley 2-mode bass wah (the blue one) -- bought one and took it back the next day. You can search for the thread I started on it for my full review.