1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WAH - Weeping Demon WD7 or Dunlop Geezer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Aigre-Doux, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Aigre-Doux

Aigre-Doux

Nov 1, 2018
    Hello there, i've been searching an answer for this but i can't find it in the search option.
    I've been looking at wah pedals, and i want one with a strong low end and a mid oriented sound. I play mostly rock, metal and funky prog.

I found two models that could fit this role
    The Weeping Demon WD7
    The Dunlop Cry Baby GZR95 (Signature modele of Geezer)

The first one seems to be more functional in terms of tweaking, but i dont really know about tone sucking. It seems like the GZR95 would be more reliable in this regard. But i've haven't found any evidence, i can't try any of them where i live.

The WD7 is far more affordable so it's a concern too.
    Thanks.

2. Aigre-Doux

Aigre-Doux

Nov 1, 2018
    Edit :
    Now i have harder time to choose than before.
    Because im also considering :
    EBS Stanley Clarke signature
    RMC9 bass Wah
    G-Lab Wowee

I really want something very tweakable and bass/mid oriented, but it's hard to find informations on some of those models. Something transparent with a true bypass/auto-off is also a good point. But not so important because they're ways to make it happen with mods or the G-lab plate.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I have the Geezer, and I'm no wah expert whatsoever, but as long as you don't go over halfway with the pedal, I find it has very good low end.

4. Can’t speak for the Geezer (jimmy has)
    The wd7 is versatile... can have so much low end, or just your normal flat bass with really accented wah on top... or crazy mid contour... plus it can do switch or switch less... just it’s BIG... ended up using the Dunlop bass mini wah after that as it retains low end ( more like a filter then a wah) but now using a valeton volume wah/ mini pedal that still retains decent low end