Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fenderbassabuse, Mar 29, 2004.

1. I want a wah pedal for my bass, but I have no idea what to go for. I want something that I can step on and use, but it has to retain the charachter of my bass. I'm thinking about the morley, and the dunlop. Any one got one of these?

2. i have a morley power wah ( the old one) and its pretty good. more aggresive sounding than the dunlops i guess.

3. I can say many good things about the Boss PW-10, but you'd have to play one to really know.

4. Creep

Creep

Mar 12, 2004
    I have the Dunlop with the adjustable Q and I dig that thing, it's built like a tank and is a very versitile wah. I would try to go out and play both and see which one fits what you are looking for. Good Luck.

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    What would you be using it for? It really depends on the kind of music you're playing. What's your equipment, etc.?

6. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...RMC3=The Real Deal...

~S~

7. I'm using a fender MIM jazz, an Ashdown mag250 w/ 1x15 and a Boss ODB-3. I'm into rock, metal, funk, all sorts really. Many thanks for all help.

8. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Are guitar wah pedals usually cheaper than bass wah pedals??? I'm thinking of getting a wah pedal, and if the guitar wah is cheaper, I'll just get that.

~Graeme

9. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Beware bassgod because a lot of guitar wah pedals will not acommodate the frequencies bass puts out. All the lows are rolled off with most guitar wah pedals and you are left with thin harsh tone.