1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wait wait wait...Lakland is a Chicago company?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LotusCarsLtd52, Apr 15, 2010.

1. LotusCarsLtd52

LotusCarsLtd52

Dec 6, 2009
    As a Chicagoan if I had known this I would've given them a look!

Now my question is: when is that new Decade shortie coming on the market and what's the price? Is it produced in Chicago like the rest?

2. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Yup. And it's been on the market for a while I believe. Not sure about the price, but yes, I'm pretty sure it is US made in Chicago.

3. LotusCarsLtd52

LotusCarsLtd52

Dec 6, 2009
    Where might I find one online? The Lakland site didn't seem to list anything on the shortie.

4. RLS

RLS

Aug 2, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The short scale Decade can only be ordered in a U.S. version...no Skylines. I doubt you would be able to find one at a retailer, although you might get lucky. You would most likely have to custom order one. I believe the price is the same as a standard U.S. Decade.

5. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    is it built by union thugs? that could explain why nobody complains about them...

6. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    Don't forget Chicago sale tax. [​IMG]

7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I don't know the exact price, but I know one TBer (saltymonkey) has one and loves it. And another has one on order. They are, however, definitely not cheap. The longscales are somewhere around $3k.

Even if that's too much for your budget, as a fellow Chicagoan, I strongly encourage you to contact Lakland and set up a time to go by the shop and take a tour. Great people there (and, IMO, great basses).

8. skyneed

skyneed

May 10, 2009
    Switzerland
    may I ask what is the problem of being produced in chicago? (just want to know....coz I really like lakland basses)

9. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Oh, he just didn't realize they're in the same place he is (note where he says he's a Chicagoan).:)

10. skyneed

skyneed

May 10, 2009
    Switzerland
    ah ok...

somehow I misread his first sentence as "As a Chicagoan if I had known this I wouldN'T have given them a look!" :rollno:

what a relief....thanks :)

11. CannyBusDriver

CannyBusDriver

Jan 21, 2010
    Kansas
    Getting my fretless epoxied by carl at lakland in chicago, he seems to be doing a great deal of good work on my bass. Im sure it will come back in great shape. Been to chicago and thought "numbero uno's" deep dish pizza was very overrated,but chicago has some great food and basses as well.

12. ....that's crazy they're made in chicago!!

13. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Carl does GREAT work...and is the master of fretless bass set ups!

"numbero uno's"???? sorry - that is not real Chicago 'za....

gotta go to:

Giordano's

Lou Malnati's

or Gino's

for "real" Chicago deep dish!

yeh - I am PROUD to be from the home of Lakland!!!

14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    [​IMG]