Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Waiter, there is a fly in my soup...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DiG, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Ugh... today I was eating a vietnamese soup resturant (really extremely good too, best soup ever)... and I was mixing up the hot sauce (chunky chili type sauce) and I see something yellow and stripy kindof like a bee. At first I think, haha weird this pepper looks like a bee, then I flip it around to check it out more, and it has giant wings, its a big ****ing moth. I got shivers all through my body. I was mortified !!! I still ate my soup, but didn't use hot sauce. I didn't enjoy the soup as much as a usually do though.

Anyone else have a similiar experience?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    um whyd you still eat it. Dont moths haave powder that waterproofs their wings that most likely rubbed off all over your soup.

3. the moth didnt go in my soup, i just found it in their hotsauce which they keep on the tables

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    That's nothing. At work, some lady found a live bee in her bag of romaine lettuce. She returned it and got a refund :p.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I work at a Domino's, and I don't think we have ever had anything bad happen.

6. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    I once worked at Dominos. I had 2 pizza's thrown at me by a woman who discovered she had the wrong order. What a psycho.

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah, I haven't had any of those. I delievered a pizza that was too done, and they stopped me just before I pulled away. They told me it was burned, so I apologized, and told them I would make them another. I also asked if they wanted anything extra. I ended up giving them some cinna stix for free for the trouble. They gave me a good tip, still. That's customer service.

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    that is good service! Makes me think twice about the Snow Crash style pizza service I've been wishing for... ;)

9. That's Pizza Huts customer service policy.

10. I work in the hospitality industry. We don't usually charge any extra for moths etc..... :D

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    True. There are a lot of places that will do that kind of thing, I know. But there are just as many that won't. Policy or not, I'd still do it. Actually, I forgot a lady's diet coke (she ordered 2), and she was staying at a hotel, so I went down the hall and bought her 2 more. I was actually having a really bad day, but making her happy, and how nice she was (and she was attractive, too :p) made my day much, much better.

12. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    - Waiter, there's a fly in my soup!
    - Don't worry, sir, it's just learning to swim..

13. or...

Customer: Waiter, there's a fly in my soup.
    Waiter: Oh, sorry sir; our cook used to be a tailor. :bag:

Mike :D

14. A friend of mine opened up a can of Campbell's soup and found some moths or flies of some sort had nested in it. He called the customer satisfaction line, explained the story, and they sent him like 5 coupons for free soup.

15. I heard someone found a severed human finger in a bowl of Wendy's Chili.

Randy

16. Monk

Monk

Jun 15, 2004
    IDK if it isn't delivered in 30 minutes the Don can come kiss my feet. That's hard to beat. :p

17. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah.. she did find the severed finger in her soup... AFTER she put it there...

She got a severed finger froma co-worker of her husband who lost it in an industrial accident, and slipped it in.

They got her because:
    1) The Wendy's in question, as well as all suppliers did not report any industrial accidents involving severed fingers
    2) The finger did not appear as though it had simmered in chili for an extended period of time
    3) She's got a history of crazy litigation in the past.

She dropped her claim. I can't recall if they are still going after her for fraud.

18. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Once in Chinatown I picked up my menu, and a cockroach crawled from the back of the menu, over the top while I was reading it.

In Mr. Greenjean (a restaurant chain - not sure if they're still around), just finished ordering our food, when I look to the plants by the side (dividing the booths), and a mouse looks up at me.

I've never found anything inside my food though...

Oh, there was that one time I found a human finger in my Wendy's chili. ;) edit: oh man. you guys beat me to the punch.

Oh man, I forgot - a friend of the drummer in my band once found this really, really sharp piece of plastic in a McFlurry. It look like it came from a piece of machinery. Unfortunately he never followed up.

19. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Just like the reports of people finding live spiders in their red grapes.