Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Waitin' anticipatin'

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cb56, Mar 9, 2001.

1. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Waitin' for the UPS truck to bring the Hartke 7000 210 combo I told you all about. Checked the UPS tracker page and it says it'll be here today. (playing hoooky from work, cough,cough:) I probably won't use it on my gigs tonight and tomorrow but we're playing a freebie benefit sunday afternoon and I'll probably use it with my carvin 210 cab there. Do you care? probably not.

2. very nice! Tell us what you think of it! I don't care what other cabs you use. I use my Genz Benz 212 with my hartke 3500 head.

3. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    lol, I took off work today for the same reason(I scheduled it though, I save hookey for Mondays)

Waiting for items from both UPS *and* Fedex but no dice yet. :(

Fedex usually arrives before noon here too, I am getting anxious! It's 3:15 now and I want to get these shipments in so I can run out to the store for new strings.

The worst part is I am sitting around with bedhead and want to shower and stuff. I'm afraid to though because both packages require signatures. If they came while I was in the shower and I missed the shipment, I would s**t a brick. :(

Waiting is the hardest part...

4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hehe i bought my warwick bass from ebay and had to wait for ever to get it! But we had a tracking # and i just glued my self to the damn comp till it got here! But i was paying for it with cod and had my cash in hand but when they finally got here they said they didnt except cash! Ahh shiiittt! But they were very nice because i think they saw into my eyes that i might go postal if i didnt get it so they told be to meet them at a bank here in town because they had a delivery for there or somthing and i got the money order and got my bass! I hate waiting!

5. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    waddya know

less than an hour later and they both arrived within 10 minutes of one another :)

6. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Have fun friens iam sure we wont here from ya for awhile!

7. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    ok,
    I changed my mind. I went ahead and used it at my gig last night. I used it with my ampeg 1-18 cab. All I can say is IT'S LOUD!!!. I had the tube pre amp on 4 and the solid state on 6. the master volume on 2 and it was blowing me off the stage!I usually set my ampeg pre amp at 6 and the master at 6. the hartke sounded ALOT louder. I'm not sure why. . Anyway I'm not sure if I'm going to use it all the time because I really like the warm growl of the ampeg but the Hartke really cut through the mix. My Guitar player loved it and said don't go back to the Ampeg. Gee I don't know.....

8. i just got rid of my Hartke. One bit of advice - they usually sound best when you only use one preamp setting. Blending the two always made things sound muddy. I usually set the tube knob on 4 and the SS off. YMMV.

9. is it better to keep it lower than like 5? b/c I keep my tube on 6 1/2 and my SS off.

10. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Thanks for the advice on the pre amp settings. i preffered the solid state over the tube so I set the ss at 6 and the tube off. I was able to turn my master volume up to 3 without getting blown off the stage.

11. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    i turn my tube pre amp all the way up to 10,...