Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Waiting for Barts

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by john b carvalho, May 14, 2002.

1. john b carvalho

john b carvalho Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2001
    Kaneohe,Hawaii
    Just wondering if anybody has had the misfortune of having to waiting for what I feel is an exorbitant amount of time (going on 5 months) for bartolini to fulfill an order?I am having a custom instrument built and the only thing that is holding up the completion is the p-up's.The order for the p-up's (quad coil BC5C & BC5K) was placed in december and as of this past friday the manufacturer is still waiting.I have even e-mailed (they where not malicious) them a couiple of times with no reply.On a lighter note once I receive the instrument I will post pic.s (hopefully in time for my b-day which is next month)

Aloha

2. Angelo

Angelo

Jan 12, 2002
    5 months?They could keep them.They must need them more than i do.I Would find something else.FYI
    I've played a Pedulla Rapture with Barts and wasn't that impressed,i don't care for that big fat sound,maybe you do?
    And i have played Spectors with EMGs and they sound amazing to me.
    Maybe i like EMG?

3. john asked...

Just wondering if anybody has had the misfortune of having to waiting for what I feel is an exorbitant amount of time (going on 5 months) for bartolini to fulfill an order?

Yup.

Bill Bartolini isn't the world's greatest at customer service. I waited four months for a set of soapbars once and then cancelled the order because I sold the bass I was gonna put the soapbars in :mad:

Not meaning to scare you, but Gabe at Bass Northwest told me a couple months ago that he'd been waiting more than a year for a set of custom barts.

My unsolicited advice? Check stock before you place that order!

I ordered a set of quad-coil Jazz pickups recently and had them in three days - but I asked the vendor to check stock before I placed the order.

A side note - anyone looking for quad-coil Jazz pickups might want to snag them now - I hear Bartolini has discontinued them :(

allan

4. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    I was looking for barts back in february, and Justin from LA Bass Exchange told me they take up to 6 months to arrive! :eek:

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

This info is a little late now, but - you're better off ordering through someone who has some "pull" like Grasshopper at Bass Central.

From what I know, the average guy in the street will wait months ordering direct. And I've been told that dealing directly with Pat and Bill, from a customer service perspective, isn't exactly room service at the Ritz-Carlton.

Consider how many bass makers are slapping Barts on their stuff. Some brands that don't get much respect are putting them on their better models. Maybe it's a case of "too much success."

6. I'm told that ordering them through a luthier is by far the fastest way to go, as OEM users get first dibs on all production.

7. john b carvalho

john b carvalho Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2001
    Kaneohe,Hawaii
    Mahalo (thank you) guys for all your responses,but the p-up's where ordered by the manufacturer not myself.Anyway I spoke to him today and we are going to give them another week.If by then he does not receive any type of notice from Bartolini then we are going to cancel the order & install aero or possibly lane poor p-up's.

John