Waiting for Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by craig_man_10, Nov 2, 2005.

1. I ordered a Fender Jazz Deluxe MIM 9 weeks ago and it still has not come in. Has anyone else ever had this problem with fender?
  2. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Back in '88 I ordered a 'Mary Kay' Jazz from Music Emporium and I received it one year later in '89. The guy I was dealing with (I'd bought a few guitars/basses from him before) was quoting the specs to me about the limited edition model but also told me they didn't have it in stock and I'd have to wait for it. So I just told him I wanted one, and it ended up taking a year to get it.
  3. I have a Jaco sig on order for about 90 days now...still waiting :meh:
  4. Excelite

Mar 18, 2005
    Near DFW, Texas
    If the item was backordered, or the Fender warehouse didn't have any, it takes a long time. When I ordered my Fender it took over a month. 9 months seems a little long though, have you checked with the place you ordered it from? Maybe you can get your money back and get it from somewhere else.
  5. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    How was this bass ordered? Was it ordered from a Fender dealer? if it was have them call Fender and check the status of your bass! anytime you order a bass from Fender and it IS in stock alway's have the bass EXPIDITED SHIPPING! you will get your bass in two or three day's! I ordered my FMT V this way on a friday evening and my bass was in NYC monday morning! all for 22 bucks extra! What happens with shipping companies these places use they wait for the truck to be completely full that is coming your way and you wait for all the stops in between that the trucks make till it gets to you! No load coming your way then you wait! With expedited shipping they put it on a plane by it'self and it gets where it's going.
  6. Yea, i did check with the place (a fender dealer) and they said it would be made on october 24th then shipped to me from there (i ordered it aug 25th). He told me it should be in by the first of november (its now nov 11th). I've nade a lot of deals with this guy in the past and don't want to go to another place if i can help it.