Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Waiting for my G&L L-2000 is murder!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sidecar666, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Sidecar666

Sidecar666

Mar 27, 2004
    Has anybody else been waiting almost 2 months to get a G&L? I ordered an L-2000 with a #8 neck and it's taking forever! I'm starting to loose faith in G&L. I know that I'll love the bass when I get it, but it's the "when I get it" part that's killing me!!! Is anybody else waiting forever along with me? Maybe someone knows what the hold up is at the factory? They just keep telling my local dealer that "it's in the works"
    Thanks for hearing me blow off a little steam.

2. I dunno about G&L but my fretless Ric on order was ordered in March. (finnished paying for it about 15 days ago) and there is no sign of it comming anytime soon. :(

So yes..waiting can be murder...cause if it dont get here soon..i will kill someone! :mad:

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

quality takes time but atleast you will have a solid bass.

4. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    Heh, I waited for almost 3 months for my fretless L-2000:

Version 1 came in with the wrong neck. G&L caught the mistake, and supposedly would have the correct neck ready-to-go when they received the bass back.

Version 2 came in the wrong color. I understand that it was very stunning, but was returned for...

Version 3's box got to me, but contained a JB-2. Very nice, but very much had frets :eek: . Apparently, G&L sent the basses to the store in the wrong boxes.

Version 4 ended up being well worth the wait. Just hang in there...

JDKH

5. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

I've ordered a number of basses direct (2 G&Ls, 1 Carvin, 1 Reverend). Hang in there, it will get to you eventually and definitely be worth it (the G&Ls were both L2Ks - one with a #6 neck). Stuff happens - on my Reverend (the most recent) they lost an employee and it set production back 4 weeks. That was painful. Both G&Ls came in under the estimate I was given by the dealer (who got it from the factory). And there's nothing like opening up that box and seeing your brand new built-to-spec instrument for the first time. And wait until you smell your brand new G&L . . . mmmmmm . . . (they say it's the glue in the cases that give it that smell).

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    G&Ls are SO worth it. Hang in there.

7. Sidecar666

Sidecar666

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm totally looking forward to that "new bass smell"!

8. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I seem to remember that when I special ordered a bass from G&L back in the early '90's it took about 3 months.

Not to mention that "new bass sound" :bassist: