Waiting for my 'new' bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by =^..^=, Dec 20, 2001.

1. =^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    I have scored a beauty...

A 1975 Fender Jazz ! It gets picked up on Xmas Eve and should be with me sometime before new year....

About 12 years ago I walked into my LMS and there was a second hand Jazz bass up for sale, I thought about it for about 20 mins and walked out of the shop with it...

Seems it had some history.. I checked the serial number and details and found it was made approx '76 - still with the original finish and case. I used it for a couple of months and then left it in the case for a while intending to use it some more...

Three years later I sold it for a nice little profit, but only because I hadn't played it once in three years... The guy I sold it to trashed the case and got it re-finished in a pinky/red colour... If I'd know that was its destiny I'd never have parted with it...

Time passed.

About six months ago I decided that next year (2002) I'd look for a late 60's jazz or similar but knew it was going to cost me a lot of cash... Hmmm why did I sell my 76 ???

Anyway, from no where up pops a clean '75. Cheap ! With both feet I jumped in and stumped up the cash...

But the waiting.... why can't I have it now ??? I'm tempted to hop on a plane tomorrow and get it... Forget Xmas - none of my presents are going to compare to what I'm waiting for.
  2. BassHacker

Nov 26, 2001
    Tampa, FL
    Congratulations, sounds like a really nice bass. Where did you find it? :)

My xmas gift this year is a new 50th Anniversary American P-Bass with the 50s butterscotch blonde finish. I can’t wait either.
  3. "My xmas gift this year is a new 50th Anniversary American P-Bass with the 50s butterscotch blonde finish. I can’t wait either."

Hey BassHacker: Let us know how that Bass works for 'ya. I have been dreaming about that Bass. I went and played it at Mars...It plays like BUTTER!
    I just love the P-Bass sound. I have a Mexican Jazz, and I am am sorry that I didn't get a P-Bass.
    I got talked into the Jazz, and I regret it. Especially for the type of music I love, punk/ska, pop punk. I love my Bass don't get me wrong, I am a Fender Man all the way, but I just can't get the sound I hear in my head...Merry Christmas All...Ric
  4. BassHacker

Nov 26, 2001
    Tampa, FL
    My first bass was a Mexican J. I had it upgraded with a BA II bridge. I still have it and like it - feels and sounds good.

I have had a few opportunities to sneak the new P-bass out and play around with it some. This bass is really nice. The more I play it, the more I like it. I have an Ampeg BA115 and they sound killer together. A high quality Fender P-bass and Ampeg amp makes for a really good combination. :)