1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Waiting for my 'new' bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by =^..^=, Dec 20, 2001.

1. =^..^=

=^..^= Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    I have scored a beauty...

A 1975 Fender Jazz ! It gets picked up on Xmas Eve and should be with me sometime before new year....

About 12 years ago I walked into my LMS and there was a second hand Jazz bass up for sale, I thought about it for about 20 mins and walked out of the shop with it...

Seems it had some history.. I checked the serial number and details and found it was made approx '76 - still with the original finish and case. I used it for a couple of months and then left it in the case for a while intending to use it some more...

Three years later I sold it for a nice little profit, but only because I hadn't played it once in three years... The guy I sold it to trashed the case and got it re-finished in a pinky/red colour... If I'd know that was its destiny I'd never have parted with it...

Time passed.

About six months ago I decided that next year (2002) I'd look for a late 60's jazz or similar but knew it was going to cost me a lot of cash... Hmmm why did I sell my 76 ???

Anyway, from no where up pops a clean '75. Cheap ! With both feet I jumped in and stumped up the cash...

But the waiting.... why can't I have it now ??? I'm tempted to hop on a plane tomorrow and get it... Forget Xmas - none of my presents are going to compare to what I'm waiting for.

2. BassHacker

BassHacker

Nov 26, 2001
    Tampa, FL
    Congratulations, sounds like a really nice bass. Where did you find it? :)

My xmas gift this year is a new 50th Anniversary American P-Bass with the 50s butterscotch blonde finish. I can’t wait either.

3. "My xmas gift this year is a new 50th Anniversary American P-Bass with the 50s butterscotch blonde finish. I can’t wait either."

-----------------------------------

Hey BassHacker: Let us know how that Bass works for 'ya. I have been dreaming about that Bass. I went and played it at Mars...It plays like BUTTER!
    I just love the P-Bass sound. I have a Mexican Jazz, and I am am sorry that I didn't get a P-Bass.
    I got talked into the Jazz, and I regret it. Especially for the type of music I love, punk/ska, pop punk. I love my Bass don't get me wrong, I am a Fender Man all the way, but I just can't get the sound I hear in my head...Merry Christmas All...Ric

4. BassHacker

BassHacker

Nov 26, 2001
    Tampa, FL
    My first bass was a Mexican J. I had it upgraded with a BA II bridge. I still have it and like it - feels and sounds good.

I have had a few opportunities to sneak the new P-bass out and play around with it some. This bass is really nice. The more I play it, the more I like it. I have an Ampeg BA115 and they sound killer together. A high quality Fender P-bass and Ampeg amp makes for a really good combination. :)