Wal Bass Club.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by oddio, Sep 28, 2007.

Tags:
  1. 2112

2112 Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2005
    syntap likes this.
  2. Janforth

Janforth Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Florida
    Isn’t that repost? The same person/bass was for sale back in January

3. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    SFO / HNL
    meanwhile my Ashdown amp has been up there for 5 weeks... amazing, sold in a couple of hours.

4. syntap

syntap

Dec 7, 2020
    Hmm, thread owner says not sold, problem with listing title.

5. Vic Monte

Vic Monte Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2020
    Corrected it.

syntap likes this.
  6. Vic Monte

Vic Monte Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2020
    Yes it was, but keep changing my mind LOL, may do it again!

syntap likes this.
  7. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Supporting Member

21DaHoagie12 likes this.
  8. syntap

syntap

Dec 7, 2020

Ah... the "signed" one. Entertaining part of the listing for the Mk2 that is an Mk1 is "If you are interested then you probably know what this is." I wish the seller did too haha

TrevorR, bassplace and LowEndHum like this.
  9. syntap

syntap

Dec 7, 2020
    Wal-sourced Hiscox case question... are they all the same size across models, or is each case customized for the model you order? I'd like to get my Mk1 shipped in a case that will take my Mk2 as well if I need to transport it.

10. Janforth

Janforth Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Florida
    I understand, it looks nice and worth it, I believe you can just update your original ad and bump it to move it to the front of the list

11. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35

The hiscox cases Wal provides are the same size. Depending on the model, it'll have added bumpers to provide the bass additional support. Mk2 will not have any bumpers.

20200528_113636.jpg

20200528_113210.jpg

12. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    The owner has it posted on the facebook Wal lovers page as well. I usually pass over those gumtree ads, but at least the seller there has the same name as the fb guy.

13. syntap

syntap

Dec 7, 2020
    Thanks, and I appreciate the pics! Are the bumpers velcro'd, or how do they set in the case?

14. mikeswals

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    The bumpers are glued in place.
    Your Mk1 will fit a little loose in a Hiscox meant for a Mk2, but maybe find a small pillow to put up by the headstock to limit it sliding much?

15. syntap

syntap

Dec 7, 2020
    I wonder if Paul would be willing to send the Mk1 in a case with the bumpers not glued? Then I could pop them in for the Mk1 and pop them out for the Mk2. Good idea on pillows, or maybe towels... should keep things from sliding around when the case is closed.

16. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35

It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask, but I'm sure Paul would be willing to accommodate. just make sure that he writes that on your invoice because if it's not on it, he might forget - speaking from past experience.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021 at 4:15 PM
    SamJ likes this.
  17. syntap

syntap

Dec 7, 2020
    Good advice, thanks everyone!! I'm not even at the point in the process of providing (firmed) specs yet so I'll make sure to include that when the time comes so it's noted early.

18. mikeswals

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    The glue is what holds the whole thing in place. just leaving them there unglued, the bass is going to still flop back and forth.

syntap likes this.
  19. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    SFO / HNL
    that worries me because I sent him an email two weeks ago reminding him of a couple of changes we agreed to that weren't reflected on the quote sheet and he's not responded yet... I wonder if I should just call... there' still some 6 months before due date so I'm trying to be patient.

20. Kappaless

Kappaless

Feb 5, 2020
    Maryland
    Definitely wait it out, I’ve sent an email and forgot I sent it and Paul got back to me eventually

TrevorR, SamJ and BWorm like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021