1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wal Bass Stolen in Montreal from Kristian Dunn of El Ten Eleven...

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by chrisp2u, Apr 14, 2010.

1. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Just saw this on the El Ten Eleven facebook page...

It sickens me when people steal instruments from anyone, let alone hard working, touring musicians. Keep an eye out those of you around the Montreal area!
    ---
    c

2. BlackElan

BlackElan

Feb 26, 2009
    Is it this fretless?

3. pbfj84

pbfj84

Jun 30, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    I just saw this on facebook. I commented on posting this here. I hope the bass makes a safe return.

4. kpld

kpld

Mar 4, 2009
    Hey guys, this is Kristian from El Ten. Thanks so much for posting on this. Yes, BlackElan, the bass in the video you referenced is the one that was stolen. I'm so bummed. Our third record was recorded with only that bass and drums. Now I can't play anything off of that record because the electronics on the Wal are so crazy nothing else sounds like it. Sigh. Anyway, thanks again.

5. BlackElan

BlackElan

Feb 26, 2009
    You can call and get a new one made by Paul but I think the wait time is about a year.:bawl:

If your ever doing any shows around the San Francisco Bay Area I don't have a problem with you borrowing my fretted Wal mkII for a day or weekend for your shows, just give me a heads up in advance.:bassist:

6. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Hey Kristian,
    I hope it turns up, and sooner than later. That truly sucks.

---
    c

7. faivy

faivy

Nov 23, 2004
    Montreal
    I'm in Montreal
    I'll keep my eyes open for it

8. Piedro

Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    man.. it sucks that that will probably give you a bad souvenir of Montreal.. i'll keep an eye open for you.

PO

9. bombjack

bombjack

Feb 3, 2009
    NYC
    I hope you get your bass back!

I know it's no consolation but after reading the post I checked out the video that was posted in this thread and am floored....what a unique sound...it's very inspiring! You've picked up another fan that's for sure!

10. Ro(B)ass

Ro(B)ass Guest

Sep 19, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    SOO sorry to hear that man, wals are great basses. I hope you get it back!

11. ZombiCrow

ZombiCrow

Jun 15, 2006
    Davenport, IA
    Saw El Ten Eleven last night in Rock Island, IL, and they were astounding. I felt sick when he said someone stole his Wal. BUMP on this thread to keep it at the top of the stack, and hopefully we can help him get it back! Canadian TalkBassers, keep your eyes open!

12. wow i have never heard of them but damn there good i really dig there stuff.

Hope you get the bass back

13. Exotic Matter

Exotic Matter

Oct 27, 2009
    Total bummer. Great band, hope you get it back.

14. Could you explain the circumstances on where and how it was stolen?...the area it was stolen in. The more info that is out there the better the chance. Also some of the info on what happened could keep other people from getting ripped off.

Thanks
    TMB
    Oh BTW i have a friend who owns a frettless Wal that he may sell to you. He is in the States. PM me for info.

15. i too never heard of ur band but wow ur really talented man i love how music that awesome is comin from two people and some stomp boxes

16. kpld

kpld

Mar 4, 2009
    Again, thank you all for your help. The bass was stolen between 1:10 and 1:40am on April 10, 2010 from a white Chevy van that was parked across the street from a police station (yes, across the street from a police station!). It was the Hotel-Deville / Charlotte police station in Montreal, Canada. A police report was filed (event number 21-100414-005). We had played that night at Le Petite Campus.

I just received an anonymous email from someone who claims to have seen it in a pawn shop in Montreal
    ! If anyone in Montreal can help me out, I would make it worth their time. The person who contacted me did not give me the name of the pawn shop. I am going crazy!

Thank you!

17. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    As you guess there are many pawn shop in montreal.
    But I will visit as many as I can.

18. kpld

kpld

Mar 4, 2009
    An anonymous tipster has reported the Wal bass to the police! I talked to the police as well and they are going to go visit the pawn shop either today or tomorrow! Cross your fingers for me.

The anonymous person who contacted me found out the bass was stolen from this forum!
    Thank you so much you guys!

19. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Good luck! Hope you get it back.

Fred

20. BlackElan

BlackElan

Feb 26, 2009
    I have had three guitars stolen from me in the past and I have found all three thanks to people on the internet helping me out. Glad it was found.