Wal Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MascisMan, Jul 8, 2004.

1. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Hey guys just wondering what a ballpark price figure is on these basses new. I know a lot depends on the options you get but I am just looking for a ballpark figure.

2. I heard something about 3000$ new, a while back. Used, I've seen some under 2000$.
  3. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I saw a Wal price list about 1-2 years ago. As I recall, the most basic 4-string model started at over £2,000 GBP.

Bass Central in Florida ought to be able to help you out with US pricing:
  4. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    I think they start about $3600 or atleast thats what I think bass central told me
  5. hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Keep in mind if you are buying new that they come from England, so you've got the dollar (which has been weak) vs. the pound conversion to deal with. $3600 starting price seems about right - and be prepared for a LONG WAIT.
  6. ordered mine about a year ago at $3500. still haven't gotten it yet and i'm sure its gone up in price due to the high demand. if you do enough digging you can find a used one at a pretty good price. found my 1984 wal here for under $1600.

don't give up, they're worth the work/wait.
  7. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    yeah im not planning on buying anytime soon,m i just think they are awesome basses and was curious on the price