Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WAL basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maynard, Feb 28, 2005.

1. maynard

maynard

Feb 28, 2005
    nowhere
    any wal guru or knowledgeable folks out there... kinda a noob need more info... looking to buy a bass SOON! :hyper: mad tax money :hyper:

2. I hope you have some serious cash. Used Wal's go for around 3000 USD. They're also a bit of a rare sight in the US, though Bass NW or Bass Central will have one in stock every once in a while.
    There are a few very knowledgable folks around here that have owned (sometimes several) Wal's. Walbassman is one that comes to mind.

3. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    Oakland
    If you want one soon, I would recommend looking for one used since there is an unusually long wait for them. OTOH, there is also speculation that new Wals may not be rolling off the 1 man assembly line for much longer.

Go to Walbasses.com for fun links.

There are also a few available on ebay.

4. maynard

maynard

Feb 28, 2005
    nowhere
    yeah... idk its all the luck i gueess
    was also looking at quantums5's sometimes they end so low ... just the luck of draw
    wals seem to be rare to even search for
    any help thx for hte intput guys :p

5. walwear

walwear

Feb 17, 2003
    Maynard:

I currently own 7. I'm not sure if that makes me a guru or even knowledgeable, but I'd be happy to take a shot at any questions that you might have.

Best!
    Erik

6. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Maynard, I just PM'ed you with info on two different Wal-specific discussion groups. Those are great places to start. If you are patient and keep your eyes open, you can find good deals. I picked one up a little over a month ago. I got a "Geddy Lee" Mk II for $1700 shipped. This isn't a typical price, but it does show how patience can pay off.