1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wal Mach I $1375 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jimc, Feb 16, 2003.

1. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
    1984 Wal Mach I fretted. Wenge facings which result in a very punchy tone even for a Wal. Body is in very good shape. The neck is straight and true but there are a couple of minor issues. According to the Wal database the original electrics were swapped out for a demeter preamp but, since that was written, the original electrics has been restored. They work perfectly except that the XLR output doesn't appear to function (even with the 1/4" plugged in). I use a Sansamp so this wasn't an issue for me. The tuners are a bit pitted and the 'D' tuner has been slightly bent at some stage. You can't tell visually and it works fine but I noticed this when restringing and thought I should mention it.

Comes with a Fodera case which fits the bass nicely. This bass has the Wal tone in spades.

More pics here

[​IMG]

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Interested in trades at all? I've got a Clover graphite-necked 5-string. . .

3. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
    Thanks for the offer but this sold today.