1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

No longer available Wal Mk3 6 String Wenge Facings with Many Upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BWorm, Mar 8, 2021.

1. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Hey everybody, I have decided the next bass I am going to part with is my absolutely gorgeous Fretless six string Wal. I had this bass custom ordered in 2017 with several upgrades including:
    - matching headstock cover
    - matching control cavity cover
    - protective high gloss coating
    - ebony stringers in the neck for great stability.

This bass features a Mahogany core with maple accents and breathtaking Wenge facings.
    A maple neck with an ebony fretboard. The fretboard has very minimal wear from roundwound strings. I mostly played it with La Bella Tapewounds as seen in some of the pictures. Aside from the minimal wear on the fretboard, the bass is almost Mint. In some of the pictures you can see the bass is wearing hipshot tuners. It currently has more rounded glossy Schaller tuners which I think look and feel much better.

The bass weighs 11 pounds and is incredibly comfortable when strapped on or when seated. These Mk3 body shapes can literally set on your lap and you can let go without having the headstock dive. One of the best ergonomically shaped basses I have ever played.
    The bass sounds and feels just as good as it looks. Paul at Wal headquarters even agreed that this one really sings. I am only considering selling this bass because of medical issues and bills. If I can’t get the asking price out of the bass, I just assume keep it.
    A new build spec’d out just as this one will cost you around $13,500 and a four year build time. That’s before import fees and shipping. Save yourself the wait time and hassle with one already here in the states.
    Comes with a very durable, fitted Hiscox case.

Bank transfer preferred.
    I will cover shipping and insurance within the U.S.
    Any questions please feel free to ask.

E7CBD7F8-1306-44D3-B091-EFDB86318A2C.jpeg
    View attachment 4195583 62B0DBE3-DBC9-4127-9DBF-155D946E240F.jpeg
    84C7F0B0-B1A8-4402-BBF8-6D8AD08AD339.jpeg FBDBB859-CA84-4106-B0BF-3E4E54069D5D.jpeg 1657C8F5-C5A2-4050-8B6F-90A82D161814.jpeg 16F01815-4A88-479B-A379-49A58D0E727B.jpeg AFA16438-7FC6-4E6B-86C6-178B28A28B2A.jpeg 8E817A15-9D07-4A67-BB4E-AF9691DACDDA.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  2. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Ohh...fretless! Now we're talkin'!
    Awesome bass Bob!

BWorm likes this.
  3. nbsipics

nbsipics Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Very sorry to hear of the reason for the sell Bob, and I wish I could add that one to the stable.

Great seller here folks - come and get it!

GLWTS

BWorm likes this.
  4. EVOLVEBASS

EVOLVEBASS Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Oh. My. God.

Those wenge facings are INCREDIBLE!

Bogun, BWorm and nbsipics like this.
  5. Emperor Elite

Emperor Elite Gold Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2004
    New Jersey
    \
    Good luck with the sale. Lovely bass. I bet it sounds fantastic.

BWorm likes this.
  6. madmaskbass

madmaskbass

Apr 29, 2008
    Australia
    When i ordered my fretted version I specified on the order sheet that i wanted this bass but with frets. I decided to also go with satin finish as i love the feel of wenge and didn't want to lose that but i hope mine looks at least 3/4 as good as this absolute masterpiece. About 2 years to go for mine. This is the best looking bass in the World IMO and i can imagine it would probably be one of the nicest sounding aswell...truly! GLWTS I hope all is well. All the best.

mikeswals, EVOLVEBASS and BWorm like this.
  7. lordradish

lordradish Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2006
    Vermont
    MY GOD I WISH I HAD KIDS SO I COULD SELL THEM AND GET THIS BASS.

Fred312b, EVOLVEBASS and BWorm like this.
  8. That's freakin beautiful.

BWorm, nbsipics and EVOLVEBASS like this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021