Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wal played by you

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nunk6, Jun 8, 2002.

1. nunk6

nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    ive seen many questions on the wal sound, and im interested in hearing the sound as well, id like to buy one
    i know they can be heard by justin, and geddy, and flea on BSSM but that doesnt really help us much.
    could a regular ol' bass player make a sound clip of themselves playing their wal?

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I was just going to post this thread. You read my mind.:D
    Please, please, please make us some soundclips you mighty Walowners.

3. I'd like to oblige, but I've got nothing to record to my computer with, and I don't have copies of the most recent stuff my band's been working on...anybody got any recommendations of simple ways to record to hard disk?

Mike

4. get an adapter for your patch cord so it will fit the smaller mic input on the back of your soundcard and then record through a wav recorder. presto change-0.

5. nunk6

nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    great idea!

i wasnt thinking along those lines when i first posted, but if anyone is in a band and plays a wal, or even knows a band that isnt the peppers,rush, or tool, please send links to the music!

6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the wals have serious "balls" to 'em. very powerful sounding.

help any?

:D

7. nunk6

nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    well since no one seems to want to share their sacred wal tones with us, im going to do us all a favor
    im calling Pete within a week and ordering my own, then when it comes in ill record it for all talkbassers to enjoy
    - has anyone ever dealt with pete stevens before? any suggestions on what to have clear before calling>?

8. Well, you did only post the request a couple of days ago, so maybe none of us have gotten around to recording our "sacred Wal tones". :p

By the way, unless you're already in the UK (your profile doesn't say), or are looking for something really custom, you're probably better off dealing with one of the US dealers like Bass Central. The prices will be about the same, as far as I know.

Mike

9. Call Bass Central first. They may have what you are looking for in stock.

10. Yeah, what Mike said! :D

11. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    hey nunk, are ya getting one?

[salivate]:oops:

12. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    So what are you sitting around typing for? GET TO IT!

;)

13. I needs to buy me some software first! :p

14. *bump again!*

I'm dying to hear some Wals!

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I played a few Wals at Bass Central...and y'know what? I just plugged it in, and BAM...I got that Justing Chancellor sound, just like that. Those basses are specfriggintacular. I'd definitely own a 4 or 5...maybe both...

16. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i thought you said "i'd definitely own 4 or 5 (of them)." like mark of BC (well, he USED to have three or so).

wals are perfect for "aggressive" stuff. even the fretless sounded "agro" to me.

they sound great, regardless.

i guess there are no takers on the "plug-in and record, DAMMIT" offer.

:mad:

:D