1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

WAL PRO I

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bryanonbass, Oct 7, 2006.

1. bryanonbass

bryanonbass

May 13, 2001
    Northern NJ
    NEW HIGH RES PHOTOS UP

EDIT**** gotta move this, so make an offer****
    partial trades plus cash will be looked at. Im not really looking for anything special, so run whatever you want by me.

I got this one in a trade deal and while I think its really cool. It just doesn't do it for me anymore. I have roughly 2400.00 into it at this point.

its passive, single pickup. Pretty darn light. plays and sounds great. Its got some bruises. Mostly near the bridge strap button. Nothing too too major. Id say a solid 8- 8.5. Photos attached at the bottom link.

"This particular bass is a single p/u passive Pro One bass with volume & tone controls and a coil tap switch between the controls, on the small control plate. Serial No. is PB1691. The bass has been recently overhauled (had the electrics cleaned, frets oiled, machine heads checked, bridge and saddles reset and restrung) and is in good/excellent overall condition, with a few tiny buckle scratches to the body, small/minor lacquer dings near the bottom strap nut, and along the top (see photos below). It comes with the flight case pictured – I was desperately looking for an original grey, composite ‘Wal’ case but they are impossible to find. This ‘RockCase’ case is good quality, a perfect fit (being narrower than the usual HSC’s) and is at least the right colour. The body of the bass is English Ash. There were only a limited number of the Wal Pro basses built in the late 70’s to mid 80’s (I was told about 600 in all, which – pro_rata – would mean about 150 of the Pro 1’s) and it is difficult to find one in such good and original condition. As such, it represents something of a ‘find’ and a collectors item.. although it’s essentially a great players-bass." ---former owner David Papprill.

********************PRICE 2100.00

WAL PHOTOS

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    It's pretty used, but I'm suprised no one has made an offer on this. If I had cash to go with a trade, I would get it just because Wal's are so rare.

3. bryanonbass

bryanonbass

May 13, 2001
    Northern NJ

actually its not. Its in very good shape. Especially for being almost 25 years old.

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I meant no harm. As I said, if I had cash to go with a trade, you and I would be doing business.:)

5. bryanonbass

bryanonbass

May 13, 2001
    Northern NJ
    high res photos added to link

6. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    i cant believe no one is jumping on this bass : /
    +1 for the sale.

7. bryanonbass

bryanonbass

May 13, 2001
    Northern NJ
    i got gas brewing so make an offer.
    Come on people. next year this is 25 years old.
    Its in great shape with a few little dings.
    lightweight and plays like butter.

8. bryanonbass

bryanonbass

May 13, 2001
    Northern NJ
    offers?
    I want Basso's Roscoe SKB 5 string, so I need to move something.

9. You've been pm'd

Thanks,
    DR Burkowitz

10. PM'ed

11. bryanonbass

bryanonbass

May 13, 2001
    Northern NJ
    price drop bump

12. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. ariwax

ariwax Insonating the acoustic window

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Bump for a sweet piece of bass.

14. Emperor Elite

Emperor Elite Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2004
    New Jersey
    \
    Email sent.

15. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    pm sent

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021