Walkabout and GS112?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sharp, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Sharp

Jan 27, 2002
    Artists Relations, KMI
    I just bought a Mesa Walkabout, and was looking for a cab to play it through. would the Aggie GS112 work well? it's an 8 ohm cab and the walkabout is 4 ohms (i think). i have no idea how ohms work, could someone explain? thanks-
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    If you were to do a search in this forum for the word OHMS, all your questions would be answered as fast as you could read.

You really need to take your newly acquired Walkabout, and hit up some music stores with it. Make sure you fully understand ohms before you run out and buy something.

3. lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    it works fine. I used two cabs for one band thats got two guitars running thru marshalls. and another band i use one cause its involves less volume, has one guitarist and is more meloncolly(spl?). Although it depends on the two guitarists in my main band cause they can be loud at time and tonight i noticed i was in serious cometition with them. It also doesnt help having one of them setting his eq and pedal so that his frequencies start invading mine. but most of the time im ok. changing out my flatwounds back to nickle roundwounds will help with my attack too.
    but all in all it depends i guess on how heavy your band plays.
  4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    As far as ohms go, think of it this way- every time you add a cabinet, you'll decrease the ohm-level that your amp puts out.

So, the Walkabout (like most amps) produce their recommended output at 4 ohms. So, if you have 1 8 ohm cab, you'll use roughly half of the wattage the amp has to offer. If you add another 8 ohm cab, you'll be pulling the full 4 ohm load from the Mesa.

So yes, it will work, and should sound great! :) Mesa heads through Aguilar cabinetry sounds AWESOME.