1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Walkabout Scout 12 still under warranty

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by terlewine, Oct 2, 2016.

1. terlewine

terlewine Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2001
    Athens, Ohio
    Price:
    $850
    (10/19/16 edit: planning to keep the cabinet and relist the head with custom headcase.)
    -------------------

Silverface walkabout combo in great shape. The amp still has a year to go on the 5-year warranty; I bought it new in Dec 2012 in a Scout 15 combo (receipt included). I sold the 15 cab and bought this 12 cab used.

Your choice: 4 Ohm or 8 Ohm.
    I was using this as part of a 2-Scout stack, so I put a new 8 Ohm Mesa speaker in it. I kept the original 4 Ohm speaker, so you can have this combo either way. I’ll sell whichever speaker remains after this sale.

I installed a speaker jack to use the cab as an extension. Also installed smooth-rolling casters, making it a lot easier to move.

No problems, it’s a wonderful sounding amp. I’ve switched to a larger Mesa stack, and a smaller practice amp. (This combo isn’t big enough for the loud band, and is too powerful for the jug band — so it’s not getting enough use.) It’s in really nice condition; hasn’t seen any rough treatment.

There are three other Scout combos on talkbass as I post this, so it’s a buyer’s market I guess. :) This one’s new enough to still have a year on the warranty, and I think I’ve priced it at a good deal. If it seems high, let’s talk.

Also included:

- The slipcover pictured, which I bought on eBay — but it was made for an extension cab so the handle slot is on the side. Instead of returning it, I put a handle slot in the top.

- Walkabout gig bag, which I never use because they make these things so tight-fitting that they’re pretty impractical. (I bought this used, and there’s a torn seam in the lining, so the previous owner must have had the same trouble squeezing the amp in.) Nice rugged bag, though.

- User’s manual and paperwork.

I’ll pack it carefully and ship it by whatever method you choose. You pay the actual shipping. I’m going to be traveling Oct 7-16, then Oct 25-29. So I can’t ship during those dates.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Kukulkan61 likes this.