Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Walkabout vs Ashdown ABM500 EvoII vs Aggie AG500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lawndart, Nov 13, 2005.

1. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I have a Walkabout and was curious what the Ashdown and Aggie would give me that the Walkabout would not and vice versa. Ill be using it with my two Aggie gs112s. I've late been getting into a vintage sound lately (think TRex, the Jam, the Clash) if that helps and Im concidering getting a Berggie NV610 or NV425. I do like the idea of a switchable second channel of the Aggie and the octave switch of the Ashdown.

2. mahrous

mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    Egypt
    just replied in your other thread.
    but i got a different reply in this. when i was buying the Ashdown MAG (i had also played the ABM extensively during my purchase), i played the Aguilar DB900 and that thing was WILD! i ran into the GS112 and 212 because i wanted one of those cabs. it was insanely great sounding. it can do everything i want it to do (except change the price tag). if the DB500 is a DB900 mini with all the same options and quality. i would suggest the Aggie. its better than the ABM and Mesa

3. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    isnt the db900 a direct box? im confused