1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Walking bass theremin!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassbenj, May 27, 2011.

1. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Check this out.

There have been threads in the past asking if a theremin would be good for a person with tendonitis who can't play bass any longer. Don't know the answer but this proves one CAN play bass on a theremin!

I can see a theremin built into a standard bass guitar shape with pitch on one hand (neck) and volume on the middle of the "guitar". Might be cool!

YouTube - ‪Theremin Walking Bass - Pamelia Kurstin‬‏

Hey, I happen to own a theremin and mine sure doesn't get bass tone like hers! I have never seen anything quite like this. Hey, I haven't even IMAGINED anything quite like this was even possible!

2. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Found this link too!

YouTube - ‪Pamelia Kurstin at Frankfurter Musikmesse 2007 Moog‬‏

A Theremin has got to be the ultimate "fretless". Not only no frets, you don't even touch the bass!

3. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    I never heard of that but was blown away by the idea especially since I been shloggin for years with carpal tunnel

4. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    The theremin has been around since the mid 1920's.

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Pamelia is originally a bass player. I have seen Pamelia perform her walking bass lines on theremin live several times and it is unbelievable. And the tone is very much upright like to say the least.