1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

walking bass

Discussion in 'Ask Todd Johnson [Archived]' started by k dave, Apr 14, 2010.

1. k dave

k dave

Apr 10, 2010
    Todd,
    I've been playing bass for 40+yrs. I play strictly by ear. I can read a little and not very well and never messed around with tabs although I do understand it. I'm lucky that I hear well and that I can play most of what I hear. I want to learn to play good walking bass without copying someone else, can you help??

2. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Sep 27, 2005
    Anthem, AZ
    Dave,

Yes, I can help.....essentially, you want to learn to CREATE your own lines....CORRECT??

My advice would be to pick up my Walking Bass 1 DVD....Familiarize yourself with it for a few weeks, then let's hook up for some online lessons.
    I can definitely get you up and going. Cool??

Everything you need is at my website....or feel free to email me at my home email address and we'll figure it all out. Go to todd@toddjohnsonmusic.com and let me know how I can be of service.

I hope to talk with you soon!

3. I've found in these 8 months that I've played the double bass that learning scales is an important part of learning to play good walking bass lines