Walking Fun...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by deepbob, Dec 21, 2001.

1. deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    i'd like to have some.

can i ask please for everyone's favor-right three songs to walk to. ones with tabs listed here would be - oh so - very easy going and groovy =)

i'm going to plow through the led zep tabs since i know it all by heart anyway, but would prefer to have some other ideas if anyone can feel the motivation.

feel the love well in advance,

- deep
  2. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I cant name any artists, but listen jazz, lots and lots of jazz, alot of that genre has excellent walking basslines.

Sorry but ya more than likley wont find any tabs for it here :D
  3. Okay, I'll toss out 3 easy ones I like. None have tabs but you don't really need tabs for these.

Tin Pan Alley -Stevie Ray Vaughn A simple 12 bar blues. There are zillions of these. This is a nice one and the first that came to mind.

Moondance -Van Morisson A classic. You can probably even find tab for this one but do yourself a favor and listen to it and figure out yourself.

So What -Miles Davis This is a simple two chord song Dm and Ebm. You don't need tab, you can just play arpeggios and dorian scales. No problem.

It's not important to play any of these exactly as recorded. Learn the changes then improvise your walking lines.