Walking Tall- why I wont see this remake.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hateater, Mar 22, 2004.

1. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I will NOT see this remake because I know it will suck. How do I know it will suck? The answer is simple... The Rock is the dude with the big stick (I forget his name). Someone tell me how crappy it was after it comes out.
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The ROCK is going to give you a major SMACK-DOWN!
  3. hateater

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR

Well, I am about 5'8 1/2", 185 lbs- almost no muscle... I will kick his ass.
  4. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Is his arch nemesis The Paper?

I guess that would make The Scissors an outcast :(
  5. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...funniest thing I've read at TB in awhile.
    Good one.

In the original Walking Tall, Joe Don Baker played Sheriff Pusser(?).
    The sequels had Bo Svenson(?).
  6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I don't mind he Rock. He seems to take himself about as seriously as he should, so more power to him. He's really the only one capable of taking the currently empty "musclebound action hero" title in Hollywood right now, anyway.

Besides, anyone who can play Mr Peepers father on SNL and hump someone's ear is okay in my book. :D

Oh, and I love people who assume things are going to suck without actually seeing/hearing them. Shows a really open mind.
  7. So by that Logic, Britany is all good? I thought she was pants-wettingly funny on SNL. Do I really care for her? Nah. Easy on the eyes though...
  8. hateater

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR

Remakes aren't my thing. That really doesn't make me close minded. I think that huffing glue is also stupid, but I have never tried it.... real close minded.
  9. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Seems like apples and oranges to me. I'm not so sure your analagy stands.
  10. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I like the Rock.
    Wrestleing now kicks major. I stop watching for a year then started up again.

I would rather see him in movies then like Britney Spears, or Jessica Simpson. Well depends on what kinda movie they're in ;)
  11. hateater

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Don't knock it 'till you try it. I believe that is what bassmonkee was getting at.

Don't bad mouth a movie before you see it.

Don't bad mouth inhaling toxic fumes until you try it.

Seems to work.
  12. This movie will go under my "movies to see when I can rent them" catagory.
  13. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    The original with Joe Don Baker is a classic. I'll wait to see this remake when it comes on TV years from now.
  14. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    His name was Buford Pusser. How could you ever forget a name like that? And wasn't it based on a true story?
  15. hateater

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Yeah, I wasn't 100% on the name (all i could remember was Pusser). I should have googled it. Anyways, I am not sure if it was based on a true story or not, but it definately seems like something that could happen.
  16. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Yeah, I can see how the move will make you a junkie & give you brain damage & possible kill you. :rolleyes: Works for me, too.
  17. hateater

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR

Will you all stop giving me **** for not giving this movie a chance?

If I have to think of another analagy to satisfy you and Jazzbo- so be it.

I will NEVER see "From Justin to Kelly". Why will I never see that movie? For one thing, I am not fond of either of them to begin with. Another reason is that I believe it is a musical, and I really don't care too much for those.

Now, why wont I see the new "Walking Tall"? I don't like remakes and I don't think The Rock is a good actor.

Is that good enough for you guys?
  18. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

'Suppose to be. Y'know the man :Sheriff Pusser, up against the corrupt old ways of doing things. We've seen the plot a dozen times. Billy Jack is similar in its own way. New kid/guy/sheriff in town sees corruption that's generations old, and attempts a correction. Goes up against his employers, even his "friends".

Heck, it's every Steven Segal movie almost.